History of the Welch House
It was purchased by Bernard & Esther Welch in 1950 and has remained in the family since. The names of the rooms reflect the Welch family’s Irish Heritage! Hospitality is of the utmost importance to the Irish, yet keeping your ability for privacy!
Earlier by Prior Request
Farm fresh eggs and bacon, fresh fruit, cereals and locally made yogurt, breads and sticky buns are served daily. Keurig / Green Mountain Coffee and assorted teas are also available.
Full breakfast, Keurig coffee in each room, air conditioning and ceiling fans. Electric fireplaces, WiFi and house computer, bath amenities and hair driers, TV, refrigerator, desk, full closet clock radio. Comfortable memory foam beds, clothes steamer.
Convenient check-in, Smoke-free and fabulous breakfasts.
We are located 5 miles from Route 90 Exit 32 Westmoreland and just a short 1/2 mile walk to Hamilton College. We are only 25 minutes from Colgate University and the perfect spot for those visiting the colleges.
We are right in the Village of Clinton and village restaurants and shopping are a short walk.
|O’Brien||1 Queen||$129 – $139 (First Floor)|
|Fitzgerald||1 Queen||$129 – $139|
|Murphy||2 Queen||$149 – $159|
|Sunday – Thursday||(5 nights)||$500*||* Excludes Murphy & Kennedy Rooms|
|Weekly Rates||(7 nights)||$720*||* Excludes Holiday Weeks & Special Event Weekends|
Please add to rates: 8.75% NYS Tax and 5% Hotel Tax
A one night deposit is required to confirm your reservation
NOTE: There is a premium charge of $50 per night per room above base rates for Hamilton College Event Weekends including Graduation, Parent’s Weekend and Alumni Weekend.
Bacon and Local Items
The Welch House COVID-19 Modifications
We have implemented guidelines from the CDC & NYS Department of Health , revising them as they revise their guidelines.
Fully vaccinated guests are not required to wear masks. Unvaccinated guests are required to wear masks in public areas. Each guest room has a private dining room available.
- Please enter the FRONT DOOR. Your envelope with the key will be on the table as you enter. The Entry Code will be provided to you before your arrival.
- BREAKFAST will be served in YOUR OWN PRIVATE DINING ROOM. (Dining Room or Living Room or Kitchen or Kitchen Sitting area & Front Porch & Backyard tables. WEATHER PERMITTING WE COULD HAVE BREAKFAST OUTSIDE ON THE GRILL !! Each Guest Room may also use one of the 6 Outside Tables.
- EXTRA TOWELS in your closet are covered with a Clear plastic bag. Our housekeeper will not be entering your room during your stay.
- Your KEYS have been sanitized using a UV Light Case.
- Door KNOBS & TV REMOTES have been sanitized.
- Staff Routinely Wash Hands
- Regularly Sanitized High Traffic Area
- Hand Sanitizer available for Staff & Guests
- Contactless Checkin & CheckOut.
- Linens Disinfected Between Guests.
Full refund is given for cancellations 7 days or more prior to arrival day. Special Events required longer notice (eg Parents Weekend & Graduation & Alumni Weekend & Trustees Weekend) by prior arrangement.
Payment is due in full 7 days prior to arrival.
Payment is due in full ,by prior arrangement , for Special Event Weekends.
Children must be at least 5 years old.
RESERVATIONS ON HAMILTON COLLEGE GRADUATION WEEKEND
- A minimum of 3 nights is required
Balance is due by prior arrangement
ADA Website Compliance
The Welch Irish house/structures were built prior to ADA requirements and are grandfathered into the city ordinance. We are not wheelchair accessible or physically ADA compliant. Our goal is to provide a wonderful experience in the desirable location of Clinton, NY. We have built our site with ADA compliance in mind and have utilized available tools such as achecker.ca and Google Chrome’s ADA compatibility diagnostic tools. Please be aware that our efforts are ongoing. If you have difficulty navigating our website or booking a room at our inn, we ask you to contact us via telephone or email and our helpful staff will be happy to assist you.
Clinton, NY 13323
Owners: Judy Welch
We work very hard to provide an easy-to-use online experience for all guests. We believe all of our website visitors should be able to easily research online on https://www.thewelchhouse.com regardless of device type and whether an individual requires assistive technology. Our hotel website allows visitors to search for accessibility featured guest rooms with ease and details our property’s accessibility features here. If you have any questions or would like to report any issues related to the accessibility features of our property’s website, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Bed and Breakfast Website Accessibility Features
This inn’s website for Antique & Irish Welsh House is designed to be fully accessible to all and is designed according to W3C Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 and conforms to most priority checkpoints which entail some of the following elements:
Our inn’s website can be navigated by using the tab key to traverse the elements of each page and by using the enter key to activate a highlighted link.
Structured, Semantic Markup
HTML heading tags are used to convey the document structure. Navigation menus are tagged as HTML maps so that the menu title can be read out, and the menu items are presented as a group.
All content images include descriptive ALT attributes and all purely decorative graphics include null ALT attributes.
The site is designed to conform to Level AA compliance as specified by the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines. All pages validate as XHTML 1.0 and use structured semantic markup.
- Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, which explains the reasons behind each guideline.
- Section 508, Information and news about the accessibility standards introduced by Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act.
Accessibility Software and Services
The following tools and services are available for free to assist you with viewing and interacting with our website:
- HTML Validator for HTML Validator, a free service for checking that web pages conform to published HTML standards.
- Click Here for Web Page Backward Compatibility Viewer, a tool for viewing your web pages without a variety of modern browser features.
- Click Here for Lynx, a free text-only web browser.
Optimize the way you view your web browser. If you have difficulty in reading our website on your screen, you may be able to change the settings on your browser to help you improve readability and visibility of each webpage:
Learn about the Accessibility features of these major Internet Browsers below:
- Mozilla Firefox: Click Here for Mozilla Firefox Accessibility Features
- Google Chrome: Click Here for Google Accessibility Features
- Internet Explorer: Click Here for Microsoft Internet Explorer Ease of Access Options
- Apple Safari: Click Here for Apple Accessibility Support
Hall of Fame
Antique & Irish Welch House Bed and Breakfast is a short 1/2 mile walk to Hamilton College. Whether you are in town to tour the college, visit your child, attend parents weekend or the Graduation Ceremony, we offer you the perfect accommodations and location to stay while in town.
Our inn is just a short walk to the Village Green (Center) with access to an assortment of Restaurants and Shopping.
Call for special offers and book early! We fill up fast.
- Fall Coming and Family Weekend for Alumni and families
- Visits and Tours of the Campus
- Alumni Meetings and Events
- Sporting Events
Antique & Irish Welch House Bed and Breakfast is just 25 minutes from Colgate University. Our inn is just 5 miles off of Route 90 for easy access. Whether you are in town to tour the college, visit your child, attend parents weekend or the Graduation Festivities, we offer you the perfect accommodations and location to stay while in town.
Our inn is just a short walk to the Village of Clinton and access to an assortment of Restaurants and Shopping.
Call for special offers and book early! We fill up fast.
- Family Weekend
- Athletic Events
- Alumni Events
Things to Do
Alteris Italian American
Open Tuesday – Saturday
- 7 College St
Open Tuesday – Saturday (Lunch & Dinner)
- 9 W Park Row
Clinton Ale House
Lunch & Dinner, Closed Tuesday’s
- Hannaford Shopping Plaza
43 Meadow St, Clinton
Adirondack Sports Bar & Restaurant Lunch and dinner
- 7362 E. Main St Westmoreland
(If you get off Rt 90 @ Exit 32 take a quick right onto Cider St & a quick left onto 233 S. Turn left on East Main Street. Drive about1/4 mike on right
Skenandoa Golf Club Clinton
Open Tuesday & Wednesday 11-8
- 7105 Norton Ave. (@ the end of Campus Road)
Herron Creek Golf Course
Golf Season (Lunch & Dinner)
- 151 Kirkland Ave, Clinton
Clinton Wine & Spirits (Liquor Store)
Open till 9 pm
- 43 Meadow Street, Clinton
Hannaford Shopping Plaza
The Spaghetti Kettle
Open on Sundays
- 7756. Rt 5 Clinton
(attached to Spaghetti Kettle)
- Rt 5
THE SOUP BOWL
- 12 E Park Row
Tony’s Pizzeria & Deli
- 41 College St
- Meadow St
- 32 College Street
- 1 College Street
- 19 College Street
No.6 park Row & No.6 Cigar Company
- 6 West Park Row
- 10 West Park Row
Tom’s Natural Foods
- 16 College Street